From an Audience Member to the Core Team: One Year with Salesforce User Group Patna

One year ago, I walked into a Salesforce event in Patna simply as an audience member.

I had no idea that the same community would become such an important part of my journey.

On 9 August 2026, I returned to the same community to celebrate the 1st Anniversary of Salesforce User Group Patna — but this time, as a Core Team member.

And honestly, that transition means more to me than the anniversary itself.


How it started

When I attended the first event, I didn't really know where this community would take me.

I was simply curious.

That day, I made my first connections with Gokul Ojha Sir, Deepak Sir, Rajnish Sir and Swati Agarwal Ma'am.

Then came one event after another.

I kept attending, meeting people, learning from conversations and slowly becoming more involved. Eventually, I started working with Ankit and Sukesh for the community.

Looking back, it wasn't one big moment that changed everything.

It was the small interactions and every event that gradually pulled me deeper into the community.

And somewhere along the way, I learned something I hadn't expected to learn:

Building a community is itself a skill.

You have to communicate with different kinds of people, coordinate things, bring people together, create opportunities, solve small problems, and make people feel that they are part of something.

That experience has become especially useful for me because I'm now trying to apply the same lessons while building the AWS Student Builder Group at my college.

So, for me, community building isn't just an extracurricular activity anymore. It has become something I'm genuinely learning by doing.


An event is more than the PPT

One of the biggest things I've realised from attending technology communities is that an event isn't just about the slides presented by the speakers.

Of course, the technical sessions matter.

But sometimes, the most valuable part of an event is simply being in a room with people who have already built things.

You see their journey.

You hear about their experiences.

You listen to how they think.

You learn from their failures.

You have conversations during breaks.

And sometimes, one small conversation can stay with you much longer than an entire presentation.

That's why I would strongly encourage students to attend these kinds of events.

And I'm not saying this because the event has Salesforce written on the banner.

The same applies to AWS, Google, Microsoft or any other technology community.

If you're a student, don't go only because of the brand name.

Go with curiosity.

You might find a mentor.

You might discover a career path.

You might meet your future employer.

You might find someone who helps you with your startup idea.

Or you might simply meet someone who changes the way you look at your career.

You never really know.

So don't go with just a registration mindset.

Go with a curious mindset.


Learning in the AI era

The anniversary event also gave me an opportunity to hear different perspectives about technology and careers in the age of AI.

Thank you Aman Tiwari Sir for the Salesforce and Agentforce session and for sharing practical insights.

I also found the perspectives shared by Kiran Manyala and Dr. Maheshkumar H. Kolekar, Head of the Department of Electrical Engineering at IIT Patna, particularly valuable.

One idea that stayed with me was the importance of maintaining a strong foundation while continuously learning new tools, integrations and real-world applications.

The technology landscape is changing extremely quickly.

New frameworks appear.

New AI tools appear.

New platforms appear.

But the fundamentals don't disappear.

For a student, I think the better approach is not to choose between fundamentals and new technology.

It is to build both.

Learn the fundamentals properly.

Then learn how modern tools can be used to solve real problems.

That combination of strong foundations + adaptability + real-world application is something I want to keep working on.


And then there was Kumarswami Mathapati 😄

One of the most memorable parts of the session was Kumarswami Mathapati.

Apart from his experience as a Salesforce Community Leader and Golden Hoodie winner, what stood out to me was his energy and sense of humour.

The session didn't feel like a typical formal technical talk.

There were plenty of fun moments, and the Golden Hoodie stories were definitely one of the highlights.

Sometimes, that's what makes an event memorable — not just what you learn, but how a person makes you feel while sharing it.


New people, new connections

Another thing I enjoyed about this anniversary was meeting several newer members and volunteers of the community.

I got to meet Riddhima, Ashwin, Khushi Jaisawal, Arpna, Aditya Kumar Gupta, Mavendra Singh, Harsh and Simran.

Every community needs new people.

The people who join today can eventually become the people organising events tomorrow.

That's how communities sustain themselves.

And that's something I've started appreciating much more after becoming involved behind the scenes.


More than Salesforce

When I look back at the last year, I don't think the biggest takeaway is Salesforce.

It is people.

It is community.

It is exposure.

It is understanding how people from different backgrounds build their careers.

It is learning how to approach professionals.

It is becoming comfortable entering rooms where you don't know anyone.

And it is slowly learning how to contribute instead of always being an attendee.

That's probably the biggest change for me.

A year ago, I was there to receive.

Today, I'm trying to contribute.

And I want to continue that.


Taking it forward

I'm genuinely thankful to the Salesforce Trailblazer Community and Salesforce User Group Patna for helping create a technology community culture in Bihar.

What started for me as simply attending an event has gradually turned into something I want to contribute to.

And I hope to carry the lessons from this community into the communities I'm helping build at my college.

The goal is simple:

Build communities.
Create opportunities.
Connect people.
Keep learning.

One year ago, I attended the launch.

One year later, I stood there as part of the team celebrating its first anniversary.

I don't know exactly where the next year will take me.

But I know I want to keep showing up, keep learning, and keep contributing.

Happy 1st Anniversary, Salesforce User Group Patna. ❤️

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Day of College – But Yeh Toh Maine Socha Hi Nahi Tha…

From Regret to Redemption: Refocusing My Goals and Dreams